Housewarming Gift Ideas:
Many groups like to bring something to offer to the family for whom they are building. These gifts should be practical and not too expensive.
There is no electricity in most neighborhoods, so please do not bring any electrical goods such as toasters, lamps etc.
The houses we build are basic but adequate. If you would like to make the house a bit more special you could choose to provide one or two of the following:
- Window rods and curtains (can be hand made from any material). There is one 2 x 2, and three 2 x 3 windows. Simple rods can be found cheaply at Home Depot and Walmart
- A folding table and chairs such as sold at Home Depot or Costco are always appreciated.
- If you are interested m in buying a small solar light kit please contact us for details, they cost about $160.
- One 5 gallon bucket of light colored interior paint to paint the interior walls of the house.
- Suggested Food Items:
- Dried Pinto Beans
- Cooking Oil
- Canned tomatoes/tomato sauce, kernel corn(not creamed), chili con carne, tuna fish, a can opener
- Packages of chicken flavored ramen noodles
- Powdered drinks (Tang, Lemonade etc.)
- Cartons of milk.
- Nescafe classico coffee (a treat)
- Toiletries such as shampoo and bar soap
- Kitchen utensils
- Cleaning supplies including laundry liquid
- Toilet paper
- The Dollar store sells inexpensive sets of dishes and pots and pans.
- Gently used second hand items are very welcome.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE ALL JUST SUGGESTIONS..
FOOD IS THE PRIME NEED.